Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thumper Philosophy - Post 28

"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."

How many times have we all heard this statement?  How many times have we said something not nice?  How many times have we heard something not nice?  I would be willing to bet that the answer to all those questions is, "WAY TOO MANY TIMES".

I know it is a lot easier said than done, but I find the best way to deal with mean comments is to take a deep breath and remember my granite statement.  If whatever was said was done strictly out of lack of knowledge, I do my best to educate politely.  If whatever was said was done out of vindictiveness, I walk away.  I will probably grumble about it for awhile, and my dear husband will get to hear me vent about it a few times.  Who wouldn't?  However, I've learned that it usually isn't worth the battle to confront them.

I educate whenever possible and always remind myself of Thumper.  Even if the other person can't say something nice, I can or I can keep my mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment