Friday, April 19, 2013

#HAWMC Day 19 - Vintage

Post a vintage photo of yourself, with a captain about the photo and where you were in terms of your health condition.

So here is a vintage picture of me.  Yes I know.. I was adorable. (sorry for the graininess.. it is an OLD picture remember)

 

I used to be a shy little kid.  Now I'm a shy big kid.  I was maybe about 2 years old when this picture was taken.  I was sitting on my Grandpa's lap while the rest of the family was in the swimming pool.  At this point in my life, my biggest health issue was.. um.. when was nap time and could I have an extra cookie for dessert.  I wasn't talking though so I had to grunt to express anything.  Don't get me wrong.. I did say my first words at the 'normal' age, but then I stopped talking for a couple years because everyone laughed.  I did start talking again but that was only after speech therapy and tape over my sister's mouth.  It's true... ask her. 

It would be 27 years after this picture was taken that diabetes entered my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment