Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Update

I just wanted to post a quick update on my friend's daughter that I spoke of here.

Her heart surgery was yesterday and all went well.  The cardiologist discovered the exact problem and was able to 'fix' it with nearly a 100% successful prognosis.  She has what is called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.  It is an extremely rare condition affecting 0.1 - 0.3% of the general population. 

I have not had the opportunity to see her yet as the surgery had to be done at a special children's hospital in a different city, but I can assure you once I do I will hug her as tight as she can handle.  Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers.  I passed each one along to the family and they wanted to make sure I let everyone know how much they were appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment