Monday, November 19, 2012

Questions.. Anyone? - Post 19

Today's suggestion was to write about questions I have for other patients.  Hmm.. other patients with diabetes? or myself?

My daughter has always loved the game 20 questions.  So I will take inspiration from her today and ask 20 questions related to (mostly) diabetes. 
  1. If you could switch your diabetes with something else, what would it be and why/why not?
  2. What is your favorite part about having diabetes?
  3. What is your least favorite part about having diabetes (only 1)?
  4. What is the weirdest side effect you have of a low?
  5. What is the weirdest side effect you have of a high?
  6. How long had you been diagnosed when you first wanted to say "That's it, I'm done!"?
  7. Which famous diabetic would you love to meet?
  8. Do you feel there is too much or not enough focus on diabetes?
  9. What do you treat your lows with?
  10. Has diabetes made you stronger or bitter?
  11. How do you treat highs?
  12. Do you ever give up trying to explain why you can, but don't want to, eat that donut?
  13. Do you think it would have been better to be diagnosed the opposite of when you were, (ie: as a child or as an adult)? 
  14. Would you ever consider having a pancreas transplant?
  15. Do you share everything about diabetes with your Type Awesome?
  16. How long did you actually keep a log book of your blood sugar tests?
  17. How often do you use diabetes as an excuse to get out of something (ie: leave a party early, not eat something that looks weird at a friend's house)?
  18. What is one thing that you miss from before you were diagnosed?
  19. If you could pick one place in the world you could go, where would it be and who would you take with you?
  20. Can you believe I actually came up with 20 questions?



3 comments:

  1. Sorry I can't answer them all but:
    4. Cold, tingly fingers and toes
    6. About 20 minutes after it'd all set it
    10. Yes to both
    13. (dx'd as adult) absolutely not! Kid me couldn't have handled it
    17.Frequently to not eat something I don't like

    Interesting questions to ponder...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold, tingly fingers and toes? That is one I've never heard of before. I'll have to pay a little closer attention to my symptoms now to see if mine do. Thanks for answering!

      Delete
    2. Cold tingly fingers & toes were the reason why they tested my blood sugar (which was fine.) (Amy M. from your church family :) )

      Delete