Here is a VERY brief list of things that happened on this day in history:
- In 1493 Columbus' 2nd expedition to the New World.
- In 1789 - The U.S. Congress passed the First Judiciary Act.
- In 1896 F. Scott Fitzgerald was born.
- In 1936 Jim Henson was born.
- In 1960 The Enterprise, the first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, was launched.
- In 1982 Prince's "1999" single was released.
- In 1991 Children's author Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss, died at age 87.
- In 2004 I was diagnosed with diabetes.
Am I getting complacent with diabetes? No.
Am I forgetting about diabetes? No.
Am I still hoping and praying for a cure? Yes.
Do I still have days of frustration beyond all belief? Yes.
Am I going to celebrate today? YES!
Why? Because I am alive and that in and of itself is worth celebrating.