Friday, November 9, 2012

Community Care Package - Post 9

Today's suggested post topics were to create the perfect care package or tell a descriptive story.  I love giving gifts.. and getting gifts, so I chose to stuff a care package. Nothing is as exciting as getting a box in the mail. True, most of the time it has pump supplies in it, but still.. it's a box. I get the stuff, and my kitties get the box. Win win!

If I were to receive a Care Package this is what I would love to see in it (in no particular order):
  • Teddy Bear - Or some other stuffed animal, like a purple unicorn with a rainbow tail. There are times when you need to hug something, or throw something and a stuffed animal is the best for both. 
  • Coffee/Tea - There is just something comforting about a hot beverage.
  • Cute and fun notebooks - You'll end up using them to log food intake, note trials and errors and successes, vent when you've had enough, doodle when your waiting at the doctor's office/lab, etc.
  • 52-12pks of Diet Coke - There should be at least 52. Enough to get you through the first year, if you only go through one 12 pack a week.
  • Candy variety, snack size bags - These are to treat those pesky lows. There should be Snickers, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Smarties, Dum Dums, nuts, crackers w/cheese, etc. I could go on... but I'm getting hungry
  • Blog roll - A list of all the blogs related to Diabetes.
  • 5-10 extra meters - You can put one at work, one in your car, one in your purse, one in your significant other's car, one in the bathroom, one in the bedroom, one in the kitchen, and one in the closet. That way you have a spare just in case.
  • 100 boxes of test strips - What's the point of having the extra meters if you don't have enough test strips.
  • Insulin pump - I absolutely fell in love with mine when I got her. 
  • Books - I have read "How to think like a Pancreas".  I know there are other great books out there, so include your favorite one.  There should also be some fun books that are NOT related to diabetes. 
  • Smart phone - It is useful for so many things.  Looking up nutrition facts and keeping in touch with the #DOC are just two I use the most often.  Not to mention a good game of Words With Friends or Angry Birds.
  • You Can Do This bracelet - I know these are a limited, and coveted, item, but wouldn't it be great for everyone to have that visual reminder everyday (Thanks Kim for founding this great project.)
I am sure I have left out many things that you would like to see in a care package, but I think the package would already be delivered on a pallet.  Hmm.. send two packages maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment