That's what catching up is for, right? I thought so too.
Day 1 - Getting Started!
Why do I write about my health online? A couple reasons, actually. Writing about my health, helps me to look back and see what I was thinking about at the time. Sometimes it works so much better than a log book! I write online because it allows me to share.. and typing is so much faster than pen and paper. I got started by reading other blogs. They showed me that sharing wasn't a bad thing. Often times it was more comforting than anything else.
Day 2 - Introductions
My condition is Type 1 Diabetes. I was originally diagnosed as Type 2, two days before my 29th birthday. It was six years before I was able to get it corrected. Five things I would like you to know about my condition and activism.
- I didn't want T1D (type 1 diabetes), but I am thankful for it. It has opened me up to a whole new world of awesome people.
- T1D is a pain in the backside!! and fingertips, and stomach, and head, and bank account.
- I am the only one in my family with T1D... and that was the best news !
- My activism is just getting started. In fact, next weekend is my second JDRF walk, but my first being on the committee. I am excited.
- My sharing on this blog varies. Most of the time it is about my diabetes, but sometimes I just have to brag about my daughter (I'm one proud Mama Bear). Either way, I hope you get something from it. Even if you didn't, know this.. *I* got something from writing it.
A picture that symbolizes my condition and my experiences... This is a tough one..