Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Replacement update

In my last (non wordless) post I talked about the adventure I was having in getting my CGM transmitter replaced.

I wish I could tell you that it was truly just two or three days later and I was back up and running.  It wasn't quite that simple.

Tuesday morning I called Mr. Supervisor to confirm that the fax had been received and that my new system would be shipped out that day.  All I got was his voice mail.  It wasn't until about 2:30 that afternoon that he called me back.  Yes, the prescription had been received and just about everything was in order.  The one problem... they didn't have any systems to send to me.

That's right, they were out.  Nothing but empty shelves.

Supposedly they had placed a large order of all supplies and equipment that was supposed to be delivered that day, but it was delayed.  They were hoping to get it on Wednesday.  That meant if I was lucky, I would see it on Friday.

Knowing how shipments usually work, I highly doubted that even if theirs came in on Wednesday that they would have it unpacked, logged, and ready to be shipped to customers the same day.  So I called Mr. Supervisor Thursday morning to see if it was sent the day before, or would be sent that day.  I tried again Thursday afternoon.

Messages left on voice were never returned.

I tried again Friday morning.  I left another message.

No phone call back.

Needless to say, I was LIVID!! 

The more the day progressed the more angry I got.  I had been trying to get my transmitter replaced for nearly two weeks by this point.  I had done everything I could without driving there myself and sitting there in the office.

By 2:30 Friday afternoon I had totally given up on Mr. Supervisor.  I called back to the main number to talk to one of the "regular people".  The gentleman that answered was truly that, a gentleman.  He didn't have any record of an order for me in his system, but since it was for equipment and not supplies that didn't surprise him.  He logged into the equipment section and saw that my order had been placed and shipped.  He confirmed the tracking number and said that it was listed as being "on the truck out for delivery".  I thanked him for being extremely helpful.

I called my husband to let him know that a box requiring signature, would be delivered soon.  He made sure he was at the house and called me as soon as it arrived... about an hour later.

After I got home from work and had all necessary chores done, it was time to start things back up.

Two hours later I was back up and running.  I never felt so comfortable having a wire stuck in me and tape everywhere.
I learned a few things during my week of flying blind... but THAT is for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment